Thursday, December 10, 2009

You Know it's Cold When...


  • You look like Randy walking to campus
  • The nice boy in the ward you have never talked to offers you a ride to school and there is zero hesitation. In .02 seconds you are sitting in the front seat. Any awkwardness is completely worth it.
  • You are faced with the 'winter-time dilemma': you have 20 pounds of layers on when walking to school and by the time you maneuver around the overheated building and finally arrive in your classroom and have the chance to take off your coat, scarf, gloves, and hat you are sweating like a dog in a Chinese restaurant.
  • Your jeans freeze almost solid and make it painful to walk.
  • Your leg hairs begin to grow at an alarming rate.
  • Icicles are formed on the inside of your roommates car.
  • After being outside for several minutes your nose hairs freeze. Try sniffing when this happens, it's one of my favorite strangest sensations.
  • The thermometer reads 1 degree.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, perfect. we totally watched that movie on tv last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie my dear, come to Logan. :) Winter takes on a whole new meaning when your eyelashes freeze together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your third bullet point is one I definitely agree with, and it sort of drives me crazy. Most days I just go out without a coat, and I'm sort of freezing for about 10 minutes, but by the time I reach campus I'm glad I made that decision. It was worth it.

    Oh, and frozen nose hair is possibly my least favorite thing in the world. I'm always paranoid that there's something in my nose.

    ReplyDelete