Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet Land of Liberty

Happy 4th of July!
Here's what my weekend has/will consist of:
  1. Friday, July 3, 11:00 a.m: A journey to Antelope Island with Britny, Kjarinda and Whitney for a quick swim in the Great Salt Lake. It was common to hear the phrase, "Just don't focus on what we're swimming in" in a vain attempt to discount the Brine Shrimp infested waters. We learned first hand that the density of the salt really does allow you to float without an effort. It was as if I was on a floatation device...but I wasn't. It was a very odd sensation.
  2. Friday, July 3, 6:30 p.m: BBQ with the Hymas family. Dear old dad can sure grill a mean burger and it was great to see the Rob Hymas clan from Kentucky.
  3. Friday, July 3, 9:30 p.m: Fireworks at Eaglewood. We got there just in time for the finale and a long, traffic-filled, ride home. Spectacular fireworks however.
  4. Saturday, July 4, 9:00 a.m: Centerville 4th of July parade. This is the social event of the year in Centerville. The parade, although slightly lame, is a staple in the 4th's celebrations. The announcer struggles and the parade is full of unnecessary advertisements, however the bag full of salt water taffy that enters my system makes it all worth it in the end.
  5. Saturday, July 4, 7:00(ish) p.m: Dinner and Fireworks at Oakridge. The best firework show in Davis County. I'm already ecstatic for the night, after all, firework shows are one of the things that make me the most happy in life.
  6. Sunday, July 5, 6:30(ish) p.m: a special celebration for my favorite family friend. I think this will be my favorite part of the weekend.

I hope you all have a delightful fourth of July weekend and remember how lucky we are to live in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment