Monday, September 21, 2009

best day of the year


"Write it on your heart that each day is the best day of the year"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday as I was sitting in Sacrament meeting I glanced over at my roommate's notebook and saw those words written in bold, black letters. I loved it and immediately pulled out my pink sticky notes and a pen and scribbled it down so that I would never forget it. Sometimes it's making that small decision every morning as you roll out of bed that 'today is going to be the best day of the year' that makes the difference between a mediocre day and an exceptional day. Here's to having each day be the best day of the year.

1 comment:

  1. i love this, stace.
    i am pretty confident that this will now be added to my quote wall.
    and i love the photo... it brings back such excellent memories :)
    thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete