Monday, September 14, 2009

I Hear Jerusalem Bells A Ringing

The past couple of weeks I've been in a little bit of a funk. I've been unsure with where my life was heading and what I would be doing for the next several months. There is nothing more frustrating than having a plan for your life up in the air, just playing the waiting game. For the past week I've been on the verge of tears all day, every day and I've had more than just one good cry over wondering if my plan for my life is in line with the Lord's plan for my life. This morning at approximately 9:08 I found out that at least for now, the two plans are very much in line with each other. Today an envelope arrived in the mail informing me that I had been accepted into the BYU Jerusalem Center to study abroad winter semester 2010! I have been anticipating this letter for over a month now and it was such a relief to finally get an answer. And oh so exciting that the answer was the one I had been hoping and praying for all this time. I've had my heart set on studying abroad in Jerusalem for so long and come January, I'm moving to Israel to study in the Holy Land. I'll be able to walk where the Savior walked, visit the most sacred places in the world and have more life changing experiences than I can even imagine right now. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since I heard the good news and I couldn't be happier than I am right now. Today, I came out of my funk. Things are good now.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Stacie! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! I am so jealous of you, but more excited for you! You'll have tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go to the Holy Land! What an awesome experience. Take lots of pictures, physical and mental! :) I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! So excited for you! Maybe me and my new hubby can scrimp and save to come pick you up! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. stace!! ah that is SO exciting. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete