Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

I have to admit, Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. Ever since I stopped trick-or-treating, it has gone downhill. Maybe it's the pressure that everyone feels to go to a really great Halloween party or win a prize for the best costume or maybe it's the fact that I no longer get a pillow case full of chocolate to indulge in; whatever it is, I love Halloween because it's a holiday, but it's definitely no Thanksgiving or Christmas. This year, however, was one of the best Halloweens I can remember having in a long time. I've been getting into the Halloween spirit for the past couple of weeks and have loved all of the activities that have helped get me excited for the holiday. It started out last weekend carving pumpkins and going on a ghost tour of Salt Lake with Bennett, a second round of carving pumpkins for FHE, a ward Halloween party, a Murder Mystery Dinner with my family, and Halloween movies scattered throughout. I fully enjoyed every aspect of Halloween this year and it wasn't one bit overrated.

Megan and I dressed up as the classic ghost for our ward Halloween party on Thursday. It is my new favorite costume: cheap, easy, and when at a dance party it allows you to do whatever crazy dance moves your heart desires and no one can see you. It can get a little hot under there, so when you need a breather, it can transform into a myriad of other costumes, some of my favorites include: a nun, a burka, a toga, or a super hero's cape.
Me and Bennett at our Murder Mystery Dinner
aka
Timothy, the chauffeur and Krista, the artist
Both innocent.

It was a perfect Halloween weekend. And now it's back to school. Back to work. Back to Provo. Back to five days of phone dates.
Until next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Cute, that's what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stace, your hair is the longest thing I've ever seen! Teach me your ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ghost bed sheets costume. A CLASSIC :)

    ReplyDelete