Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Last 9:00 Appointment

For the past eight months Bennett and I have been doing the long distance thing. I have spent every weekday night for the past two semesters talking to Bennett at promptly 9:00 pm. In fact, it's so routine that my roommates all joke that I am off limits to do anything after 9:00 because I have my "nightly appointment." While I've looked forward to our 9:00 appointments for the past eight months, I've never been more excited for something to end. Come tomorrow, I will be able to have face to face conversations with Bennett every day from here on out. No more of these long phone calls. My roommate and I were talking yesterday and realized that Bennett and I have racked up quite the number of phone minutes over the months. This inspired us to do a little calculating. The results were shocking. Over the past two semesters we have spent approximately:

10,800 minutes
or
180 hours
or
7.5 days
talking on the phone

As good as it's been, I am not sad to see this stage of our relationship end. I would say it's bitter-sweet, but there really isn't a whole lot of bitter in the fact that our last 9:00 appointment is taking place just 1.5 hours from now. It only means that I'm that much closer to going home to stay. And boy, am I excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment