Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Bachelor: Week 4

Tuesday nights are easily the most anticipated nights of the week. All day, I anxiously await until my roommate and I can sit down and have our hot date with The Bachelor. What a drag that we have to wait 24 long hours for the latest episode to be broadcast online. About 8 minutes ago I finally found out who was eliminated from The Bachelor, Season 13, Week 4. I'm still unsure how I feel about Jason refusing to give out the last rose, and rather than sending three girls home, sent four away feeling like their shot at love is lost forever. Bless their hearts. I do, however, know how I feel about each of the girls that got sent home. Here are my thoughts:


Nikki: Although this woman is gorgeous, exotic and a Sandra Bullock look-alike, could we cut with the emotions please? Did she ever talk to the camera without the water works turning on? And what was with the song she wrote about her unborn child? Very odd. I think Jason was very wise in telling her good-bye.


Lauren: Hallelujah! It's about time she got voted off the island. I've always been perplexed at why girls trying to impress a boy will be controlling and downright mean to them. News flash: It wont make him fall in love with you; that lesson was learned tonight with Lauren. What was with her telling Jason that he "had to give her a rose"? Sorry, lady, it's his decision. Better luck next time.
Megan: She is beautiful. And she has a very soothing voice. Not a fan of the potty mouth and drama, though. I really liked her on week #1; I even felt bad for her, with all the other girls hating her. But after spending four weeks with Megan, I have to say, I'm glad to see her go, she was vicious. Adios amigo.


Shannon: As crazy as Shannon was, I have to admit, I secretly loved her. She was like the annoying little sister of the group that added balance to the drama. She was the comic relief to the show. She had facial expressions that would fill the room with laughter. I am sad to see her go; she was growing on me week by week. So long, Shannon. You and your quirky personality will be missed.

Thus far, I completely approve of Jason's decisions. Molly, Jillian, Naomi, Stephanie and Melissa are excellent finalists. Good luck to them all. I will be restless until next Tuesday night when Jason gets closer and closer to finding his beloved wife.
Disclaimer: I am very much aware of how obsessive this blog post makes me sound. It's true, I am. I'm addicted to The Bachelor. This does not in anyway mean that I believe that these reality t.v. show relationships work out. I think the whole concept is a little ridiculous. But hey, we're all allowed a guilty pleasure. This is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment