Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mother Nature Hates Me

Or something tragically sad happened that has caused her to cry everyday for the past week. For quite some time I pretended to like the rain purely because I believed it was the 'cool' thing to do (same story with yogurt) but I've come to the point in my life that I am perfectly okay admitting that I hate rain. Loathe it, really. Especially in the middle of June...it's supposed to be sunny and happy and instead its drab and dreary. I live in a dry desert for a reason, if I wanted to live in an area with a wet climate, I'd move to Washington.

Top 3 Reasons I Hate the Rain:
  1. It makes my hair all frizzy and wavy and rather unattractive.
  2. It gets the bottom of my pants wet: potentially the most uncomfortable feeling. Ever.
  3. It puts me in a gloomy, melancholy mood.

Thank heavens I'm going to the sunny islands of Hawaii in 7 days. That will cheer me up immensely.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2009

    Haha, ditto. I wrote a similar post on my blog yesterday. Thanks heavens it's sunny today...and I guess Hawaii's alright too. JK, that's awesome! Have fun Stacie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stace I had no idea you were going to Hawaii!! What island? That is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually hate the rain for all the reasons you just listed, but my love for it cancels out all those other things. I love walking in it because there's almost no one else outside when you do. It's like the world is your own, and it makes me feel clean. The problem with summer rain here is that it's usually also humid, which sucks. And yeah... way to let me know you were going to Hawaii. That's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were going to Hawaii??
    Beyond jealous.

    ReplyDelete