Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sick As A Dog...

What does this expression mean anyways? Was there really a dog so sick an expression was coined after him? Nevertheless, this phrase has been a popular one around the Hymas home the past few days. This illness began with Alex and has now shown up in all of the girls: mama, Ang, and myself. I would like nothing more than to twist my head off and exchange it for a new one; one that has ears that don't feel like I've been on an airplane for 24 hours, a nose that doesn't require a tissue every five minutes, a throat that isn't raw, and a forehead that doesn't feel like someone has just taken a sledgehammer to it. And while we're exchanging body parts, I'll just take a whole new body; a body that doesn't get chills and ache like crazy. Oh, what it would be like in a dream world when it would be possible to trade malfunctioned body parts for healthy ones. Although I can't trade my head for a new one, there are a few comforts that I couldn't live without during this time of sickness...
  1. James Taylor's Greatest Hits CD. I don't know what is so comforting about these songs to me, but that soothing voice telling me he's "gone to Carolina in his mind" makes me feel better in a heartbeat.
  2. The couches in the women's restroom at work. It's amazing how rejuvenating a quick nap during a 30 minute lunch break can be. And one of the perks to working at a furniture company is that those couches are mighty comfortable.
  3. Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla soup. Most people like Chicken Noodle Soup when they're sick, however, since Chicken Noodle makes my top five list of foods I hate, Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla soup is my sick food.
  4. Watching inspiring movies such as "The Secret Life of Bees" while laying like a log on the couch.
  5. A 7:30 p.m. bedtime and waking up at 10:00 a.m.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, the only thing you need to add to your comfort list is walking around in an oversized moo moo. That makes me happy.
    This is Alex's fault. He needs to be punished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry, Stace. I actually know what you're going through...surprised? But you're doing all of the right things. Let me know if you can do anything; I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better! James Taylor always makes me feel better, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete