Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference Weekend

There is just something about general conference weekend that words can't really describe. This one weekend puts all my worries at ease and reassures me that everything will work out. Sometimes I forget how rare, yet lucky, it is that I get to listen to prophets who receive revelations purely for this day. What a blessing. Because I'm human, I occasionally doze off for a minute or two or get distracted while addressing hundreds of wedding announcements for my brother, and don't get everything out of the talks that I probably should; that's where the printed version comes in. Even though I don't remember every word that was spoken over the past two days, I do remember that every one of the addresses contained something that I needed to hear. I went into conference with questions and concerns I had and in a round about way, every one of them was covered. I heard exactly what I needed to hear and it was a testimony builder that the leaders of our church really do receive inspiration and revelations from God regarding what we as a church and individually need. They really do. General conference weekend always seems to fly by and I'm always sad to see it end. Those eight hours will get me through the next six months and I'm already looking forward to listening to the apostles and prophets six months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment