Monday, February 9, 2009

100 Things About Me

Okay, first I have to admit that I stole this idea from someone. I thought it looked fun and decided to give it a shot. Here are 100 things about me:
  1. I was born and raised in Centerville, Utah. Some people think it's unfortunate to be a Utah girl, but I think just the opposite. I wouldn't have changed it for anything in the world.
  2. I am passionate about traveling the world. I think you can learn a lot more about history and culture traveling and seeing it first hand than you ever could in a text book.
  3. I love to read. There's nothing like getting completely lost in a good book.
  4. I'd rather spend time with my family than my friends. Is that weird? I figure that friends come and go but my family will always be here, it's a good thing I like them so much.
  5. My mom is my very best friend and my twin soul. I'm lucky and proud to be able to say that.
  6. I love hand written letters. They are much more personal and exciting than emails.
  7. I try to have an open-mind and see other peoples points of view.
  8. I love pictures. They are good reminders of memories.
  9. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and 100% committed.
  10. I was the typical kid that wanted to be everything, from a doctor to an interior designer to a detective.
  11. I have now made up my mind that I want to teach Elementary School. I know the pay is bad, it's not very prestigious, and its a lot of hard work, but it's what I love, so I'm going for it.
  12. I like to go tanning. I know its so bad for me, but it's oh so relaxing.
  13. I'm a good listener.
  14. I try to be friends with everyone and accept people for who they are.
  15. I have a goal to visit every continent in the world throughout my life. 3 down, 4 to go.
  16. I am 5'1" and I like being short. For the most part. I can wear high heels anytime I want and I'll never be too tall.
  17. I love to play tennis.
  18. I used to hate running, but I've started doing it out of necessity and it's really grown on me. I can honestly say I enjoy it now.
  19. Sometimes I like to speak in acronyms.
  20. It's such a satisfying feeling finding that perfect gift for someone.
  21. Chocolate is my weakness. Scratch that, sweets in general are my weakness.
  22. Listening to 1990's boy/girl bands is a guilty pleasure of mine.
  23. I'm a planner. I have a much better day if I write everything down I want to accomplish that day.
  24. I love Christmas lights. One of my favorite traditions is to drive around the neighborhood and give out fake awards for the best house lights.
  25. When I eat an orange, every single one of the white stringy things have to be off completely before I eat it. Hence, it takes me a good hour to eat one orange.
  26. I love the feeling when my scrapbooks are completely up to date.
  27. And my journal.
  28. I prefer feather pillows over cotton.
  29. I hate sleeping with socks.
  30. My dream house includes a white picket fence, a big wrap around porch, dormer windows with green shutters and a big tree in my front yard.
  31. I want to raise my family in a small, quaint town.
  32. I'm always up for a good chick-flick.
  33. I don't like animals. At all.
  34. Although strangely, I love horseback riding.
  35. I'm beginning to collect nativity scenes. I've got 4 so far.
  36. My favorite article of clothing is a cardigan.
  37. My favorite accessory is a scarf.
  38. I hate plucking my eyebrows. It's a tedious and painful task.
  39. I have a huge goal of being able to speak Spanish fluently someday.
  40. I love home decor.
  41. I have a habit of always saying "bless you" after someone sneezes.
  42. My favorite color is turquoise/teal.
  43. Whenever I watch a movie, I always like to have a pillow on my lap.
  44. I don't really like to floss my teeth.
  45. I have never had a cavity.
  46. I love painting my fingernails. Bright colors for spring and summer, dark colors for fall and winter.
  47. I don't think I'd be able to survive without lotion.
  48. I make New Years resolutions every year and every year they are more or less the exact same.
  49. I appreciate the convenience of technology.
  50. However, I firmly believe that technology is destroying the art of communication.
  51. The way the world is spiraling downward so quickly scares me.
  52. I worry about the people I love.
  53. I come from a long line of over-analyzers. I over-analyze EVERYTHING.
  54. My greatest fear in life is that someone I love will die from a tragic accident. I sometimes cry myself to sleep worrying about it.
  55. My ultimate goal in life is to marry my best friend and the love of my life in the temple and together raise a loving family with children who are strong in the church.
  56. I loved to play with my American Girl Dolls when I was little. My two best friends, Mikelle and Alyssa, and I would spend hours everyday playing with them. This occurred for a good four years of my life.
  57. I like to carry a purse with me; I feel more secure and in control if I do.
  58. When I make my mind up about something I go for it and hardly anything can stop me.
  59. I am a very punctual person and it drives me crazy when other people are late for things.
  60. When I am mad about something I use one of two tactics: Analyze it in my head and then get over it or openly confront the person about it.
  61. I try to be understanding and respectful towards the feelings of others.
  62. I love highlighters. I love to highlight everything: text books, scriptures, novels, documents, you name it and I probably highlight it.
  63. I love to wear skirts.
  64. I don't like journals that have lines on the pages. Blank pages allow room for creativity.
  65. I've always wondered what my introductory character description would be if I were the main character in a novel.
  66. I love q-tips. Clean ears are such a refreshing feeling. Also, it really grosses me out when I'm talking to someone and can see a clump of ear wax in their ears.
  67. I hope for the day when everyone can get along and love each other.
  68. I'm still a kid at heart.
  69. I love to brush my teeth. I always feel better and ready to face the world when I have fresh breath.
  70. I love nature.
  71. I like to read home decorating magazines.
  72. And fashion magazines.
  73. I'm not a picky eater at all, but there are five foods that I absolutely hate: Fig Newtons, Pudding, Pie, Chicken Noodle Soup and Kidney Beans. I'll eat anything else.
  74. I cherish and need my alone time.
  75. I like to climb a tree every now and then. I think it's healthy to view the world from a different perspective sometimes.
  76. I'm kind of a daddy's girl. I think he is the most brilliant, loving and perfect man I know. The man I marry is going to have a lot to live up to.
  77. Sometimes I wish I lived in a simpler time when life was a little slower paced and there weren't as many things to worry about.
  78. I have a long list of qualifications for the person I marry, some of which include: an unwavering testimony, a returned missionary, my best friend, honest, a sense of humor, ambitious, humble and kind.
  79. My favorite season is fall. I love seeing my Utah mountains covered in a collage of red, yellow and orange.
  80. I'm not really into the whole math and science scene. I'm more of an art, literature and English kind of girl.
  81. I love board games and card games. I'm always on the lookout for a new one to try. Currently my favorite is a board game called, "Things". It never gets old.
  82. I love to write.
  83. I love a good bargain. I'm a master at finding a good sale. I learned that art from my mother.
  84. I fill the role of the typical little sister. My big sister, Andrea, is my hero. I've always wanted to be just like her and I think I always will.
  85. I have my heart set on going to the BYU Jerusalem Center for winter semester 2010. Keep your fingers crossed that I get in and they don't close the center down.
  86. My parents have the closest thing to a perfect marriage and I would consider myself lucky if I have a marriage half as good as theirs.
  87. Some of my biggest fears in life include: Heights, Cats, Rats, Snakes and Needles.
  88. I get annoyed when boys don't ask on dates. I'm so over this 'hanging out' crap.
  89. This past year has been a rough one for me. Because it hasn't been ideal, I think I've been refined, shaped and changed into a much better person.
  90. I don't really care about sports that much. I go to football games purely for the social scene. The basketball season is half way over and I still haven't picked up my all-sports pass. That's how much I care.
  91. I hate it when people are flaky. If you make a commitment, stick to it.
  92. I love a good birthday party.
  93. I hate group work. I would much rather do the project myself so that I don't have to rely on other people.
  94. My favorite punctuation mark is the semi-colon. They hold a lot of power being able to combine sentences like they do.
  95. My most embarrassing moment involves the first day of school junior year of high school, a Park Avenue Buick, bumper to bumper traffic, a blaring horn that was stuck, and a parking ticket. Maybe I'll give you more details in person if you ask nicely.
  96. I have a solid testimony of the gospel.
  97. I love sticky notes. I have them posted all over my room.
  98. My favorite late night snack is a bowl of cold cereal.
  99. My favorite t.v. shows are: Seinfeld, The Office, The Bachelor, and Gilmore Girls. I once watched all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls with my mom in the course of 2 months. It took over my life.
  100. I love riding my pink beach cruiser bike.

Well, there you have it folks, 100 random facts about me. I hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. #95.
    I would have to disagree
    I thought that was the best day of my Sophmore life driving bumper to bumper traffic with your train horn going off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cousin. Wow! That is probably the first time I have seen someone listed 100 random facts about his or her self. I got to give you props for that!

    I got a blogspot as well: www.wolfsurfer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete