Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Benefits of Stable Toilet Seats

Two years ago I had a summer project of remodeling the 'kid's bathroom'. It was quite the project and if I do say so myself, was a success. I, with the help of my mother, transformed the white and blue linoleum floor to a black and white tile checkerboard floor, the 1990's sunflower wallpaper became bright red paint, and the light blue counter tops were updated to black. Among the changes, was the toilet seat; in order to conform with the overall theme of the renovated bathroom, I wanted to change to a black one. The day it arrived in the mail {yes, we ordered away for our toilet seat} we rushed up to make the change. It looked dang good. Unfortunately, there was a little problem. Somewhere along the way, the screws didn't line up, and it resulted in a wobbly seat. It was a task to stay balanced while sitting on the pot; a skill that took time and practice to master. Often times, if I was feeling particularly lazy, I would choose to squat rather than put forth the effort to balance. It was a little bit of a dangerous activity: there was more than one time that I saw my life flash before my eyes. So you'd think that since it was such a hazardous seat it would have been a top priority to get it fixed as soon as possible. I can't come up with a decent reason of why it kept getting put on the back burner, but nevertheless, it has taken us two years to replace it. Two years of sincere stress and worry every time we rode our porcelain pony. Two years of fashion over comfort. Two long years of a broken toilet seat. Thursday, a monumental day in history, we finally got around to getting it fixed. Why did it take so long you might ask? Same reason it takes us six months to change a burnt out light bulb. And I don't know what that reason is. If someone has a theory behind it, please enlighten me. This new and improved toilet seat is too good to be true; I get a little excited to go to the bathroom now because it means I get to sit on my new throne that is so sturdy and so stable. A sturdy and stable toilet seat can make a big difference in a persons life...I feel more in control of my life now than I have in the past two years when I was living with a wobbly one. Thank heavens for stable toilet seats.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I kind of can't believe I just read this. I was a little grossed out yet also highly amused at the same time. Now I know to thank the Lord for steady toilet seats when I get down on my knees to pray tonight.

    ReplyDelete