Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy


Today, the 5th of May {Cinco de Mayo}, is my father's special day. He is the most brilliant, kind and loving person I know; I just love him so much. Tonight we are celebrating by having a delicious birthday dinner and finishing up strong with a scrumptious coconut cake {his fav}. Oh, I can't wait, I just love birthday celebrations.
If any of you know Scotty H you know that his Top 10 lists are almost as famous as Dave Lettermans. In honor of him, I thought it would be appropriate to compile a Top 10 list of things I love about dear old pops-i-boo:


Top 10 Things I Love About My Dad
{in no particular order}
  1. His made up songs. I get a pretty good ab workout from laughing so hard when he closes his eyes, gets in the zone, and composes a song as brilliantly crafted as say, "Be Thou Smart, Like Mr. Dart" A classic.
  2. He keeps the wolf away from the door.
  3. He tells me he loves me and shows it too.
  4. He has never yelled at my mom or any of the kids.
  5. He speaks in acronyms (I.L.) sometimes. He invented a game where, rather than calling on someone for family prayer by merely saying their name, he creates some sort of I.L. name that we have to guess. It really spices up family prayer...I love it.
  6. Whenever I get worried about something {which is almost every day} he gives me a hug and tells me it will be okay. And he is always right.
  7. He has never stayed awake through a whole movie. I think it's fitting to clump 'rubbies' in this one as well.
  8. I see him reading his scriptures and praying every morning before he goes to work. He is the perfect example to me of what I should be doing.
  9. He treats my mom like a queen.
  10. He supports me in everything. No matter what I do, he is behind me all the way.

Of course, I could go on, but ten will suffice for today. I love your face, pops. I hope you have a fabulous birthday and make lots of happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment