Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FOOD FIGHT!

When I was a little girl my all time favorite movie was It Takes Two. Those Olsen twins were priceless in that film. Secretly, I wanted to be them. Remember that outfit that Amanda wore when she ran into Alyssa for the first time in the woods, a pink t-shirt and jean overalls with one strap strategically unhooked? Fairly certain I wore an imitation of that outfit at least once a week for a good year during that time period in my life when all I wanted was to have a twin/be Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen. I watched that movie literally all the time from the ages of 6-8. I'm confident in my ability to still be able to quote it line for line if I were to watch it today. One of my favorite parts of the movie was when they were at camp and in an attempt to first, keep the swap a secret from Diane and Roger, and second to make them fall in love, Alyssa and Amanda create the biggest food fight ever to be had at such a summer camp. Since the moment I first saw that scene, I've wanted to participate in a food fight oh so badly. Each time I watched It Takes Two, my desire for such an event to take place grew to the point of obsession. Yesterday, my dream of taking part in one was fulfilled. Some friends and I planned the most disgusting, mushy, smelly food fight to take place in the field behind Budge Hall. Some of my favorite foods that were brought along for the battle included: canned tomatoes, chocolate syrup, easy cheese, ketchup, mustard, relish, instant mashed potatoes (colored purple), and 25 pounds of flour mixed with a few gallons of water (colored green). It is impossible to even begin to describe the smell that is produced when all of the foods mentioned above are mixed together. Let's just say, my gag reflexes kicked in. After a good half an hour of a delightful war, we called it quits and began planning how we were going to remove the food from our bodies. We, being the selfish people that we are, didn't want the gunk in our showers, so we played eenie meenie minie moe and the 1200 floor was the lucky winner. We ran right into their bathroom, showered in our bra's and underwear in an attempt to remove the clumps and then proceeded to our floor to soap up. Three shampoo's and body washes later, I was as clean as I was going to get. There is a chance my hair still has a slight stench of canned tomatoes, but another wash or two and I'll be good to go. It was a crazy-intense food fight and everything I had ever dreamed of, however I think it will be a good year before I rush back for round two. For just a moment, I felt like I was in that summer camp with Alyssa, Amanda, Diane and Roger. My lifelong goal of having a food fight was fulfilled.


BEFORE

AND AFTER

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Stacie I love that movie, too! I was thinking of that food fight as we had our own very fun fight. If only we had a lake to jump into after we were done fighting...

    ReplyDelete