Monday, April 13, 2009

The Tale of an Easter Celebration

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration. Mine was superb. The day began at 8:30 a.m. We rushed downstairs in anticipation of what the Easter Bunny had left us in our baskets. Somehow, the Easter Bunny knows me too well and knew that I would adore a new cardigan, a turquoise wallet, The Secret Life of Bees (the movie) and a gigantic stash of candy. I think the Easter Bunny loves me. After checking out our goodies, the egg hunt began. We (my brothers and I) were each allotted five hard-boiled, colored eggs to find. I started out on a bad note: I only had one egg while all the boys had an average of three. I realized I had to buckle down and get to work to find my eggs; there was no way I was going to come in last place. I must have had a huge adrenaline rush, because I miraculously pulled ahead and beat them all. Well, I think me and Ethan may have tied for first. What can I say, I'm pretty legit at Easter egg hunts. We then went to the front of the house where we each had 7 plastic eggs filled with money hidden from us. Naturally, my designated color of egg was pink. I got right to work looking for any sign of a pink plastic egg. I hate to brag about myself, but it's kind of necessary in order to tell the story in full: I was the first one to find all seven of my eggs. This weekend I discovered my hidden talent: Easter egg hunts. It's such a fun activity!
The Easter program at church was amazing, even though we had to go to church at a new building. I'm not sure who thought it was okay to make my ward change buildings. I had been going to the same church for 18 years and now I feel all out of wack at the new one. It's a good thing I have a testimony or I would maybe be offended to the point of not attending church anymore. Maybe someday I'll learn to love the new building, but for now I just really miss my old one; it was home to me. Anyways, the choir sang beautifully, and my very own father was the speaker for the program. As always, he did a wonderful job and his talk was very insightful and inspiring. It was kind of annoying trying to go home from church with him: everyone we passed stopped him to tell him how good of a talk he gave. I was pretty proud of him.
After church we had a delicious dinner with both sets of grandparents. Then, it was off to Provo for me. It was a beautiful Easter Sunday and I loved every second of it. Didn't you all love the weather yesterday? Today is beautiful as well and I think I'll wear a summer skirt to celebrate. I hope you all had an Easter as good as mine! Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment