Tuesday, March 3, 2009

After the Final Rose

OH MY!! Was The Bachelor season finale/After the Final Rose ceremony dramatic or what? I think that I officially hate Jason Mesnick. I can't believe what he did; I have so many thoughts about last nights 3 hour showing that I just want to spit out, here they are:
*Warning* there are no guarantees that any of this will make sense or be connected in any way. If that bothers you, discontinue reading right now.

First of all, all season I've liked Molly better as a person. She seemed more mature, down to earth and was just adorable in general. However, I thought that Melissa and Jason were a cuter couple and I still really liked Melissa despite her 8th grade cheerleader voice. Going into last nights episode I thought that he would probably choose Melissa and I was happy about that. Either girl would be a good choice. For some reason, last night I started to like Melissa a little bit more than Molly and was thrilled when he dropped to one knee and popped the question to her. Of course I was devastated for Molly and for a second had that lump in my throat, you know the one you get just before you're about to cry. No need to worry, the lump was as far as my emotions progressed, there were no tears shed over a reality television show. Anyways, I was overjoyed when Jason, Melissa and Ty were being portrayed as a happy little family, jumping into the swimming pool fully clothed and having a grand ol' time. Unfortunately, after the cameras stop rolling and they have to leave New Zealand and face the real world, the magic disappears. And that's where "After the Final Rose" brings us.

As soon as Jason walked on to the set, I knew something was wrong. Whether Melissa had died or he had just fallen out of love I didn't know and I was so anxious to find out. He then explained to Chris that they had lost the chemistry as soon as the show ended and he realized he had made a mistake and was still in love with Molly. He is an idiot; If he would have picked Molly he would have said the exact same thing about Melissa. Then, the most heartbreaking moment on the show: Melissa walked in and Jason was brutal. He dumped her on her butt and told her straight up that he was still in love with Molly. I applaud Melissa; she was very composed and classy, but she was ticked and she let Jason have it, as well she should have. When she was talking in the limo afterwards I fell in love with her (in a very non-homosexual way; more like I wanted to be her best friend) She was adorable and I hope she realizes that Jason is a skeaz and finds someone much better than him; it shouldn't be too hard to do that and she deserves someone better than him. He better have been getting paid big bucks to dump her on national television, because if he did that just because he loves living his dramatic life in front of the cameras, he's more heartless than I thought he was.

Then came Molly. Also very classy and composed. She had great questions for him and I loved watching him look like an idiot and say "um" four times because he couldn't think of a good answer; luckily Chris (annoyingly) came to the rescue and changed the subject. I was so happy that when Jason asked her for a second chance she was a little hesitant and asked about Melissa before jumping on the opportunity. However, she did say yes and supposedly they are happily dating away now. I secretly hope that they don't work out; I think Molly deserves better than Jason too. I mean, the guy dumped his fiance in front of the cameras and ten minutes later was making out with another girl on the same couch in front of the same cameras. That's not okay. I just don't understand who he thinks he is for kicking multiple girls off the show because he didn't feel they were "committed to him for the rest of their lives" when the unexpected twist was that he isn't the one that was committed for life. Crazy Jason Mesnick.

*Tangent about Chris* Wow, he is so annoying. I want to kick him off the show. I don't think I've ever watched a more obnoxious host in my life. The best was when Jason was in the middle of dumping Melissa, Chris just jumps in and says, "So just to clarify, Jason is breaking up with Melissa" Thank you Chris, I'm sure we all needed that. I'm sure he has a good heart though. Bless it.

Well, I'm slightly embarrassed about this post. I just had to get all of my emotions down on paper. I'm curious to see what happens with Molly and Jason, I hope they know I'm going to be following their lives until the day I die. Or probably just until they break up, which is bound to be any day now. I hope you've all enjoyed The Bachelor Season 13 as much as I have. It will be nice to get my own life back now that it's over. I now have Monday nights open!

1 comment:

  1. Just a little comment--1. there is another after the rose ceremony on tonight, you may want to watch it.
    2. I agree that Jason is a dirtbag, for the same reasons and for many more. Apparently with emails between him and Melissa he says that "he shouldn't have listened to the producers." I have heard that he never wanted Melissa but the producers made him choose her if he wanted Molly. Apparently reality tv is not reality, it kind of lets me down.
    3. I think Melissa is the greatest. I think if he came to her and wanted her back she would say no, and for that I applaud her.

    I think this show is ridiculous, but at the same time love watching it--in fact I was in the basement watching it last night.

    ReplyDelete